Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dancing with the stars

We sometimes watch 'Dancing With the Stars" at our house. My youngest son asked me to dance with him the other night when it was on, so I spent the hour prancing around the living room with my son. He does quite well I must say.

I always admire how the dancers seem to have hips that are not attached to the rest of their bodies. They can shimmey and twist like there are no ligament or bone attachments to their legs like the rest of us have.

It occurred to me as I was watching the dancing that Chance has those detached hips. He will do a sort of victory dance when he is happy or excited about something and it occurred to me that Chance has the build and the moves of a dancer.

I think it would be fabulous if Chance wanted to learn to dance. We would be wasting good hips if we didn't enroll him in dance lessons of some kind.

Plus, there would be the added bonus of him learning to move to the beat of the music. Chance does love to dance and will show us dance moves that he has made up at school. He must have a friend at school who likes to groove, because I am remembering 3 or 4 instances this school year when he has come home and shown me a dance move that he did with his friend.

Besides, knowing how to dance could come in handy when he marries our back door neighbor. I know very few women that do not like to dance.

Chance would be the man if he could learn to swivel those hips into action to the beat of the music.

No comments: