Pages

Monday, March 03, 2008

Chance wants to play the drums

Chance's newest ambition is to play the drums. He has mentioned that he wants to play the drums for a while now. I told him that he needs to take piano lessons first. I think the piano, at least for a short while, will give him a good musical base. Plus, we own a piano...... this is not the case with a drum set:) I'm all for him playing the drums, I think it would be a good instrument for him to learn.

Chance was taking piano lessons before he got his second implant, but we took a hiatus since we had so much going on at the time. It seems the time has come to get back in the saddle again though.

Chance loves music. His sister got a CD of funny songs for her birthday and it is fun to see Chance's face when he hears the lyrics of some of those songs. He has turned to me, mouth agape, and asked, "Beans in my ears?" One of the songs is called,"Beans in My Ears." The lyrics say,"My mom told me not to put beans in my ears, beans in my ears, beans in my ears."

Another song is about the cartoon character Alley Oop. "What is this song talking about?" Chance asked me in the van, a look of concentration across his features.

It is good to see that Chance is understanding the lyrics on a new CD even if they don't seem to make much sense:)

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Thank goodness its not pots and pans that he wants to play! I am so sensitive to them! That and when someone blows their nose, whew...