Pages

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Questions, questions, questions...

Chance has lots and lots of questions. He is still asking me quite a bit about what we are saying to each other. I am not sure if this is due to Chance needing to learn to listen better, or if we need to have an adjustment made to his implant mapping. We have an appointment with our Audiologist coming up so I will have to ask her.
There are times when Chance can hear things that we are amazed at, and then there are times when he is asking us all what we are saying to each other. Chance is literally learning to hear again with his implant which is different than any other hearing that he has experienced. Chance's vocabulary continues to grow and he is communicating his feelings and desires more and more to both family and friends. I think following conversations between other people though, is still a challenge to him. Sometimes I am amazed that he picks up on what he does. Then there are instances like tonight when Chance's aunt was telling the kids how much she would miss them when she left and Chance was asking me what she said. I think part of it is learning to focus and follow a conversation, but maybe it is also time for an implant adjustment.

No comments: