Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Neck kisses

We were driving down the freeway the other night, when Chance's little brother started talking about a birthday party that he had recently attended. The party had been for a little girl so Chance's brother was talking about what he gave her for a present.

Suddenly, I hear Chance from the back seat say, "A WHAT?" So I repeated what his brother had said.

After several more attempts by both me and Chance's brother to tell him what the present was, I turned off the radio and told Chance, "HE GAVE HER A NECKLACE."

"OH!" Chance said, "I thought you said, HE GAVE HER A NECK KISS AND I WAS LIKE, WHAT THE HECK!"

Then, with as much seriousness as I could muster, I said, "Yes, Chance. From now on, when any of you go a to girl's birthday party, you are giving neck kisses for a present. That is what we are giving out this year for birthdays. "

There was silence from the back seat and then Chance in a startled voice says,"WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

Apparently at age 9, giving a girl a neck kiss is a really bad thing.

"NO WAY!" Chance said with complete conviction.

So, if you are a girl, and you are having a birthday party and Chance does not come, it is because he is deathly afraid of giving you a neck kiss. Don't take it personally.

2 comments:

Ammie said...

haha! So cute! At least the kiss is only on the neck and not the lips or cheek. :)

Ammie said...

haha! So cute! At least the kiss is only on the neck and not the lips. :)