Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

It sounds like a good song....

We were playing a new CD in the kitchen when Chance commented that he wished he could understand the words to the song because it sounded like it was a nice song." I just don't understand what it is saying."

"You don't hear the words?" I asked him.

"Some of them I do, but some of them I don't, he responded.

"It is a nice song, maybe we'll have to put this song on your ipod so you can learn the words. I told him.
Chance shook his head in the affirmative. "Yes. The music sounds really nice and I want to know the words too."

I was impressed that Chance thought the song was nice. He was getting the melody, just not all of the words. It is saying a lot about Chance's hearing abilities when he hears things off in the background. Whatever background noises he picks up has to compete with his baby sister learning to chatter or crying; his other siblings talking, singing or playing; and whatever noises me and his dad may make as we go about our daily business. Not to mention the beeping of the microwave, the dishwasher, and other household noises. So the fact that he could hear enough to know he liked the melody of the song is incredible. With all of the activity in our house on a daily basis, is it any wonder Chance could not make out the words:)

1 comment:

Ammie said...

let's just hope he dosen't like the rap song beat. We don't want him to find out the words to those songs. lol. :)