Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cookie cutters...who knew?

I have been organizing our pantry so I thought I should tell the kids where some of the things they use are now and how we all need to put them back when we are done.

I was telling the kids how the cookie cutters were in a box with a lid now and that when they were done using them with their play-doh, they needed to put them back.

Chance turned to look at me, his face confused."Cookie cutters?"

"The things we use to make shapes in cookie dough or play-doh," I explained.

"They are called cookie cutters?" Chance asked surprised.

"Yes, cookie cutters." I explained. No one makes me think of the wonder of our language and how we learn words more than Chance.

Chance's dad brought up to me when we were alone later that cookie cutters is a word that we only use about 3 times a year. It is a good word for Chance to be acquainted with.

No comments: