Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Chance as a son, but not a sibling

I love having Chance as a son. He is sweet, caring and fun. Chance is also a great brother, though he did something the other day that drove his brother a little nuts. I heard the boys having a disagreement about some game they were playing but then the talking stopped. A few minutes later, I asked Chance a question and his brother sighed and said,"He can't hear you."

"Why are his implants off?" I asked.

"No, we were having an argument about the game we were playing and Chance just took off his magnets so that he couldn't hear me. And he won't look at me either."

Sure enough, when I looked at Chance, his magnets were dangling off his head with the second part of the implant resting on his ears. And his eyes were closed.

I could see how this would be annoying to be in an argument with a brother who could flip off his hearing at will.

I couldn't help but think what an awesome trick this was to have in your arsenal. I would have LOVED to be able to signify to my siblings that the argument was now over because I was no longer hearing them:)

Chance's brother and I looked at each other realizing that neither of us would be heard at the moment and we started to laugh.

"Who else's brother can do that?" I asked as we watched Chance walk down the hall the magnets swinging at the side of his head."

"Only mine." His brother said smiling.

A sense of humor is a good thing to have when your brother has the ability to completely block you out.

2 comments:

Ammie said...

LOL!!! I love this! So funny!

Ann said...

Boy this takes me back. I learned young (when implants weren't even invented yet), to just close my eyes after a heated argument and "get the last word". I had to learn as an adult that this wasn't "OK", when I mistakenly did it to my first boss as a young adult! I love how you and his siblings were able to handle this with humor, rather than the anger this would normally cause!