Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Chance tattoos his stomach with a soccer ball

Chance has really been enjoying playing inside soccer. After his last game, he arrived home all flushed....and he'd already had a 10 minute drive home!

Chance soon filled me in on what had been the cause of his rosy coloring. Towards the very end of the game, the goalie had moved away from the goal in order to continue kicking the ball downfield. Chance had run over to secure the goal and actually blocked the other team from scoring. Since Chance was not the official goalie, he was not allowed to use his hands so he blocked the ball with his tummy. Apparently right afterwards, he actually had the imprint of the ball across his belly.

When Chance was telling me about the game he said, " I blocked a goal! I had to use my tummy and it hurt, but it was ok because I made it so the other team did not get a goal."

Well then. I don't know that I would have had the fortitude or dedication to block a fast moving ball with my mid section, but Chance apparently does.

We noticed earlier in the day that Chance was extra timid while playing basketball, not getting in on the action when he should have been looking for rebounds etc. He also seemed leery of getting involved when there were lots of players all together. He was dedicated to blocking his man on one on one defense, but he was not getting in and going for the ball.

His dad noticed that he also kept adjusting his implant. He had his molds in, but apparently he was still nervous about them staying put.

So in between the basketball and soccer games, we took Chance to the store and bought him a sweatband that he could wear over his implants to help secure them. Judging by his gusto during soccer, I would say the headband helped him feel confident that his implants would not fall off.

He loves the headband now and made sure to grab it the next time he had a game.

No comments: