Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Things are not as they seem...

Today as several kids played down in my basement I heard footsteps clomping rapidly up the stairs. Then I heard a neighbor child call out, "Chance!". Next thing I knew the front door opened and closed.

It was late afternoon and the kids had been playing together all day together and I wondered if there had been some sort of disagreement.

I was just about to go see if Chance had gone outside and was upset, when I heard more clomping this time going down the stairs. The familiar neighbor child's voice then called out,"Chance! It was just the T.V.!"
Then all was quiet again.

It is always nice to have friends that help you tell the difference between the sound of someone knocking on your door, and someone knocking on a door on T.V.

No comments: