Pages

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Houston, we have a problem

Chance's brother had a birthday party today so we headed up to a store where they sell pinatas. We had a friend from the neighborhood with us and each of the kids had a great time salivating at all of the party favors and fun things that you could buy.

Chance's brother and I were picking out candy to go inside the pinata, when Chance appeared at my side and causually announced. " One of my implants is gone."

I of course had now lost all of my zeal for choosing out candy.

I asked Chance how long his implant had been gone.

"I don't know." Chance said.

My mind started frantically back tracking through the day. Surely this was a new occurance. Chance had gone straight from soccer camp, to get a haircut, and then to the store with me so far today.

I also could not help but think that Chance would have mentioned that the implant was gone had he realized it was missing right after soccer camp which is held in a park.

"Chance was your implant on when we came into the store?"

Chance indicated that the implant had been on when we entered the store, and then said that it came off "over there," and he waved in a vague direction over to the left where isles of themed party supplies were.

I told all of the kids that we were taking a break from looking at candy and all heading over to the aisles that Chance had just been to to see if we could find his implant.

This was so weird because Chance never just sets down one implant or loses one.

Chance's friend then mentioned that the implant was probably over in the mask section where he and Chance had been trying on masks. And that is where we found it, stuck in a mask that you pull over your head. I think the implant had just come off when Chance pulled off the mask and he had not realized it was gone for a minute so he really had no idea where it could have gone.

All is well that ends well. We left the store happy campers with two implants and no unsuspecting customer got their monster mask home with the added bonus of a bionic device.

I think it worked out best for everyone.

No comments: