Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dude

Chance is obviously hearing some slang that is said around him. One of the words he is using more often now is dude.
"Dude! Look at this cup!"
"Dude! Look at this huge piece of gum!"

Now, maybe we just aren't that cool, but my husband and I do not walk around the house using the word dude all that often. I don't know that I have ever felt an occasion to use that word as I don't think my friends would think it was as cool as Chance's friends do if I called them dude.

And due to our uncoolness factor, my husband and I do not say things like,
"Dudes! Come to the table for dinner!"
or
"Dude! You can ride your bike so fast!"

Chance is picking up how to use dude from other people though. Which means he is hearing and understanding what slang is. I have yet to see dude on one of his spelling tests at school. Yet, Chance gets what it means and he knows how to use that word when he talks. And he and his friends like to call each other dude. Apparently, you can be cool and deaf at the same time.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

I have always used Dude! It is one of the amusing words you can use at a whim :)