Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

People are saying bad things about him.....

Chance informed me today that people were talking bad about him.
"Who is talking bad about you?" I asked him.

Chance then informed me that his younger sister and her friend were whispering to each other and he had heard them talking bad about him. They were apparently planning on how to get him.

I tried to stifle a laugh. I thought it was delightful that he had heard them whispering.
Chance and his sister had been having a misunderstanding about which markers were Chance's markers, and which ones were community property. As sometimes happens in communications between siblings, the scenario went something like this:

Chance happens to pass by the kitchen table while his sister and her friend are coloring pictures of butterflies and instantly notices that out of the 45 markers on the table, 7 are his. They were all mixed in together.

Chance promptly grabs the pink marker his sister is coloring with. Chance's sister then realizes that now there is a pink line that is out of place on her butterfly wing. There ensues an argument about who is in the right.

Chance says that people have to ask first before they use his markers.

I explained that his markers were all mixed in with the other markers because I put them together not realizing that some were his.

He insisted that people still need to ask before they use his markers.

I told Chance it would be really nice if he would share his markers and let his sister finish using the pink one, but I left it up to him.

He took his markers off of the table and grudgingly tossed the pink marker back over to the girls. But it was clear he was not happy about it.

I then left the room to attend to Chance's brother which is where he found me. Looking hurt, he said that people were saying bad things about him.

When I asked who was saying bad things about him, he told me it was his sister and her friend. They were whispering about him and talking about things they could do to him. Like I said, I was delighted that he heard them whispering and amused that he was worried that the two little girls at the kitchen table were plotting ways for his demise. I told him that I would talk to his sister and no one would do anything to him.

I guess this episode proves the adage that there is an opposite to all things. This morning, Chance and his brother surprised their sister by doing her morning chore because she had been feeling left out of the brotherhood. They told her to go into her room and they would tell her when to come out. Then they proceeded to do her job and when she opened the door to her room, they told her that she could go play because her job was done.

No comments: