Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Look at me

We were coming home from Salt Lake tonight and Chance had a question for me. We had just stopped at a park-n-ride to drop Chance's dad off.

"Mom! Look at me." Chance said, waiting until I had turned around completely in the seat and was looking right at him. (I was not driving during this time, I think I should note).

"How did daddy's car get here?" He asked.

I was wondering why I had to be looking at Chance while he talked to me. After all, I am not the one with implants. But then I realized that Chance had told us that he was taking off his implants earlier in our ride home because he was going to sleep.

He wanted to make sure that I was looking at him so that he could lip read my response.

Smart kid. It is nice to know that he plans ahead.

Of course, then Chance wanted a full blown explanation of how the car got there, who his dad had driven with and how he got to where we were in Salt Lake City.

Chance does this sometimes, asks detailed questions while his implants are off and then waits for your detailed answer. When he does not catch all that was said, then he screws up his face and says," Uh?"

That is what happened tonight. I told him to put on his implants and then I would explain it again.
Unfortunately, Chance's dad had put the implants in his pocket when Chance took them out.

So the mystery of how his dad's car got to the parking and ride had to wait until we got home.

No comments: