Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Chance and the FBI

Chance's sister came inside the house complaining that Chance and his friend were not letting her ride her bike in certain spots on the sidewalk and road because they were policemen and there was an accident.

Knowing that Chance had learned a little bit about the FBI when he attended his dad's 'take your sons to work day", I thought I had an answer to our dilemma.

I told Chance's sister to tell him that she was from the FBI and so she could go through the barricade.

Then I stepped outside to go for a walk to our mailbox. Chance came charging up to me and said,
"She can not be from the FBI! We are the policemen and there is an accident! No one can go through."

"Me and your sister are from the FBI so we can go through." I told him.

"Noooooo! I do not want anyone to be from the FBI! Only policemen can come through here!"

Chance's dad chalked this up to Chance learning that the FBI is not usually involved with traffic accidents.
It is good to know that Chance was hearing and learning during the presentation.

I still maintained that his sister and I were from the FBI (for her sake) but we tried not to interfere with their police work. We struck a compromise when the boys showed us a way that we could skirt the accident and still get through, and we tried to stay away from the areas roped off with bikes.

No comments: