Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Why are they singing so fast?

Chance unfortunately has been sick the past few days. Chance doesn't get sick that often so when he is laying around the house, you know it is serious.

Sunday morning, I came out to sit with him and noticed that he didn't have his implants on. I asked him if he wanted his implants, he shook his head no.

He had turned on the T.V. though, so he was just sitting watching the screen. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir was singing and the camera flashed to various singers as they sang. Chance turned to me and asked, "Why are they singing so fast?"

I turned to look at the screen to see what he was talking about. It was interesting to think about just watching people sing instead of actually hearing it. I guess you pay more attention to little things like how fast people's mouths are moving. I told Chance that some songs are fast songs, and some songs are slow songs. He was satisfied with that and just continued to watch the choir sing.

Chance did not want his implants on for a big chunk of the day while he was sick. He would eventually put them on, but usually he puts the implants on fairly soon after waking up. He doesn't want to miss too much. He was running a fever, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. After the fever reducing medicine had kicked in, Chance would put his implants on.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to choose to hear things. When you are sick is it just nicer to zone out and not be distracted by noises around you? You can just lay down and be with your own thoughts? Your own thoughts of "Ewwwww! I feel really icky? "

No comments: