Pages

Wednesday, February 03, 2021

What Has Chance Been Doing?



So you may be asking what it is that Chance has been doing on his mission in England this past while.

He has experienced another lock down due to COVID 19 and has been getting a good view of the inside of his flat.

He  lives with three other missionaries in the flat and though one traditionally does

a bit of sight seeing when living abroad, Chance or Elder Paxton as he is called on his mission

has not seen much of the country the last few weeks as only essential stores are open.

BUT, he is in good spirits and is working on a project that is close to his heart.

We are excited to see the finished project at home, and will be adding a bit of our

insights to Chance's story.

Elder Paxton talks about the project in his email home this week:

Hello Everyone!


This past week has been a good one! We've been pretty busy! To explain Miracle of Deafness, I am doing a video that is about my deafness and my story of how I went deaf. I am explaining a little in depth about some of the personal experiences and feelings that I have had. We have a lot of really good equipment and this video is going to turn out SO GOOD!!! I hope y'all are excited! In preparation for it, I would ask that y'all think of people that you could perhaps share this video with. 

We have been trying to set up more stuff with our members here so that we can help them learn more about how they can do missionary work. It has been so good and I have been able to get to know more of the members here in the ward. 

I don't have too much else to report on because we spent a lot of our time filming and working on the video that we are making. I hope y'all had a good week, let me know how it went! 

A thought that we have been sharing this past week with members is from the Book of Mormon in  Mosiah 2:17. It is a fairly common scripture that is shared in the church and it says:
"17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the bservice of your cfellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." 
The thought we shared with this scripture is that when we serve others we are in the service of our God and one of the biggest ways that we can serve others is by doing missionary work. Missionary work is simple! A lot of people think that missionary work is hard, but it really isn't! It just takes a simple conversation, or a simple smile, or even just having your Book of Mormon in the windshield of your car! God loves us and he loves his children. He wants them to learn the gospel too. Let us be the instruments in the Lord's hand to spread this gospel to others! 

I love y'all! I will send pictures later. 

Love, 
Elder Paxton

                                                                    



No comments: