Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Miracles

 Elder Chance Paxton is still serving a mission in the great country of

England!



He has been living an unconventional mission, just like thousands of other 

missionaries serving around the world due to the 

COVID 19 virus.

Chance has gone into lock down again as cases of COVID have jumped 

in England.

But as Chance says in his email home this week,

He and the other missionaries in his flat, are battle proven in the lock down

situation now.


 

Carving Pumpkins!

Day Of Remembrance


Sunset in Hull

Chance's email home this week:


Hey Y'all! 

It has been a good week this week! We are now in part 2 of lock down here in England and it has been good! We know what we are doing and we have been battle tested. We've been through this before. We can still go outside so that is a huge bonus! Hallelujah! 

We have been doing music and then also been doing stuff on social media, I may also get some new apps and social media platforms to do missionary work! One thing we are also planning on doing is going to cemetery's and uploading pictures of gravestones to Family Search. I am actually really excited for that! I am going to start doing a little more family history and indexing so I'm super excited for that as well! 

We have a couple of new people who are interested in meeting with us and learning about the Gospel! One of them happens to be one of the Ladies we did service for this past week! Before the lock down hit, we were able to do service for two ladies and it was wonderful to get some manual labor in and they were very grateful and curious in what we do. Service really does do miracles! (Read Mormon Chapters 7-9 and Come Follow Me for more on miracles.) 

A scripture that I really liked from this past week was Mormon 8:35 which says:

"Behold, I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing." 

I actually find this scripture really comforting. The Book of Mormon was written by prophets who saw us, and knew about our circumstances today. The Book of Mormon is truly written for our day. It wasn't just written so we would have a cool record, no, they actually saw us and knew what challenges we would face and included in the Book of Mormon how we can overcome those challenges. This verse also allows me to self reflect and think about the things that I am doing. Are the actions that I make and the choices that I choose ones that would make the prophets of old proud and hopeful for our day? If they saw me, did they see a faithful follower that gave them happiness and hope?? My prayer is that the answer is yes. I invite you to think on those questions yourself. 

I hope that y'all have a great week and keep being Great!! 

With much Love, 

No comments: