Pages

Sunday, February 07, 2021

Gold Phone Booths


Many people have heard about the red phone booths in England.
But GOLD phone booths?
Elder Paxton (aka Chance)
has lived in a city where the phone booths are gold.
Elder Paxton has also spent a lot of extra time in various
stages of lock down due to COVID  19, so his
sight seeing options have been a bit curtailed at times.
He has however, still managed to take some pictures that give us 
and idea of where he lives and some of the sights around him.


It is sort of a custom for missionaries to take pictures of their name tags
in various locations on their missions.
Here is one that Elder Paxton took:




Chance also had this to say in the email he sent to us with the pictures:

Last week I also read a talk about China by President Oaks and it was so inspiring. As I listened it struck me that, my calling as a missionary to teach and help the Chinese people does not end when my mission is over. The Lord did not call me to teach, help, and connect with the Mandarin Chinese people only on my mission. This is a LIFETIME calling. The Lord has much in store for the Chinese people, and I'm meant to help with a little piece in helping the Chinese people learn more about God and Jesus Christ. I am grateful to the Lord with entrusting me with this calling. I hope that I may be a servant and instrument in the hands of the Lord throughout the remainder of my mission and life.

Now, for the spiritual thought.
The story of the Brother of Jared has really intrigued me these past couple of weeks of the faith and humily of these people. One part that I really liked was Ether 6:9 which says:

9 - "And they did sing praises unto the Lord; yea, the brother of Jared did sing praises unto the Lord, and he did thank and praise the Lord all the day long; and when the night came, they did not cease to praise the Lord."

They were in the middle of their travel to the promised land on the sea and they did continue to "thank and praise the Lord". This scripture goes right in line with President Nelson's video that he released on Gratitude.https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/president-nelson-gratitude-message It is so important to be grateful for the things that we have. He said that being grateful is one of the easiest ways to be happy and I agree! Continue to be grateful my dear friends no matter what you are going through. Remember to recognize the Lord for all the blessings you have received and give your thanks and praises. It will bless you forever. 

I love all of y'all so much! I hope you have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Love,

Elder Paxton





 

No comments: