Pages

Friday, January 01, 2010

Snapping...

Chance's little brother has been trying to tell anyone who will listen that he is now big. If you call him little, he will very matter of factly inform you that he is not little. He is big.

Today, he came forth with proof to show us all of the metamorphosis that has occurred to make him big. He can snap his fingers. "You have to be big to do this," He informed me as I stood doing the laundry and he proudly snapped for me. I agreed with him that you did indeed need to be big to snap your fingers and he beamed.

Later, when the family was all gathered together that evening, Chance's little brother snapped so the whole family could see how big he is. As he snapped, we all clapped. Except for Chance. Chance was coming up from behind, quizically looking at his brother's fingers. The snapping is not all that loud, in fact, it is quite hard to hear at all sometimes. Chance stared at the snapping fingers, looked at the rest of us and then turned to me as if to say,"why are you all clapping?"
"He can snap his fingers now." I told Chance as his brother beamed up at him.

Ever the sweet brother that he is, Chance started to slowly clap and smile at his brother for his accomplishment.

I don't think Chance heard the snapping, but he was happy that his brother could snap all the same:)

2 comments:

Ammie said...

I love all these Chance stories! He is so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!