Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I didn't really know what they were talking about....

As is our custom on Sunday after church, we asked the kids what their lessons had been about that day. Chance informed us that his lesson had been the same as the week before because he had a substitute this week. She must have got her lessons mixed up I guess.
Then Chance proceeds to tell us,"I answered lots of the questions. Last week I did not know what they were talking about, but this week I do."
This was news to us that Chance had not understood the lesson last week, so I said,"Chance, next time when you don't understand the lesson will you tell us?"
Chance looked at me kind of funny and said,"O...k...a....y." It was the okay that really means,"I don't know why you ask this of me, but whatever."
Then he asked, "Why?"
There are so many places to go with this question. I thought, "Well, you actually should know what is going on and if you are missing out on concepts because of unfamiliar vocabulary or you don't hear for whatever reason, that should be addressed."
We told Chance that if he didn't know what was going on he should tell us. We'll just wait and see now if he reports anything.
Good thing the substitute repeated the lesson!

No comments: