Pages

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Chance the flasher

Chance's little brother is potty training and Chance is enjoying helping out by getting the potty treats when the deed has been done.
He also participates in the potty dance which we do each time a tinkle is completed.

I think all of the kids are slightly jealous of the toddler underwear that has come into our house. There are Nemo undies, Buzz Lightyear undies, cars undies, Wall-E undies, but most important of all, there are Thomas the Train undies.

Having Thomas the Train undies gracing our house again, brought back a memory of Chance and how excited he was to have a train on his hiney. So excited in fact, that he decided that his friends in his deaf class at school must see the beauty of them. Actually, I think it was a collaborated effort between Chance and one of the other boys. In the end, 3 of the 6 kids in class decided to compare underwear.

I got an email from his teacher that had been passed on to her boss about the flashing incident. When Chance got home from school and I asked him what he had been doing, he informed me that ,"He didn't believe me when I told him that I had Thomas the Train underwear on! So I showed him." His language was not that correct at the time, but that is what he said give or take a few words.

Apparently, after Chance had shown his undies, the other two kids had to show that they had cool undies too. This came out later when I was talking to his teacher.
Although, flashing one's undies(no matter how cool they are) , is not proper etiquette, it is no wonder that these kids felt so comfortable with each other.

The building where Chance had two years of preschool, had one bathroom which was a unisex bathroom and there was no main door to close. So after three years of sharing this bathroom with the same classmates, showing ones undies must not have seemed like that big of a privacy issue.

Chance does not remember this incident. When he made a remark about his brother not having any pants on and so you could see his underwear, I reminded Chance that he once had Thomas the Train underwear too and had wanted to show his friends at school.

"No!" Chance replied looking up from the wooden train set he was playing with(I am not making this up).

I tried to jog his memory but Chance just laughed at the thought. Perhaps all the doctors appointments, audiologist appointments and trying to hear took up the memory chips for that particular time frame in Chance's brain.

Well, Chance is not flashing his undies to classmates anymore. Of course now they are plain and boring. I'll always have the memory though:)

No comments: