Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Chance and High School Musical

For any of you who don't know by now, the movie,"High School Musical"(1,2 and 3), has taken the kid world by storm.

We went on a trip to visit Chance's grandparents and the kids watched "High School Musical", as we drove.

At one point during the movie Chance turned to his brother and said," I know what the girl's name is. It's Gabrielle."

Not a significant comment normally, but it showed that Chance was hearing things despite the road noise of the van, his siblings and the fact that our car movie player does not have a very high volume. I was wondering if Chance was hearing the movies very well.

Chance commented on several things about the movie and asked questions when he missed something.

I hope he always feels secure enough to ask questions when he doesn't hear. I realize that we are his family and so he doesn't have to be too brave to ask us to repeat things. But I have noticed that Chance will ask other people when we are out and about if he misses things. He may ask me what was said or to ask them again, but if it is a situation where he can do it, I tell him to ask.

This is one of those life skills that he will have to learn to do. Many many times in his life.

1 comment:

Drew & Katee said...

Hey as long as you know the "ladies" names that is all that matters:)