Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The worst thing that ever happened to Chance..

Chance got the assignment to write about the worst thing that has ever happened to him. Now, to me as his mom, I think he might have written about things like, " When I went deaf and nobody else knew but me for 2 years." Or perhaps," When I had to get stitches because I cut myself with a kitchen knife." Or maybe," When I got lost at Sea World and could not tell anyone who my mom and dad were." (That event would certainly qualify for one of the worst things that has ever happened to ME)

Chance did not choose those things. He wrote that the worst thing that had ever happened to him was when his kitchen chair broke.

I like to think that due to our amazing parenting skills, and Chance's fabulous friends and relatives and the fact that he is bordering on perfect, the chair breaking is the worst thing that has ever happened to him.

It should be noted that when the chair broke, Chance was not on it. In fact, he found out it was broken when he spotted it backless after school. So, Chance apparently has no stresses to write about other than the fact that one of his kitchen chairs broke. And several weeks ago I might add.

It is nice to know that Chance is in such a good mental state in his life.:)

No comments: