Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

What is life without skivvies...

Chance and I came across a new word that Chance really has taken a liking to tonight. We were reading along about a boy and his visit to the great grandpa house where his grandpa lived. While there, the little boy and his dog came across a pond and went back to get his dad so that they could go swimming. Well of course all of the great grandpas wanted to join in the fun and since no one had swimming suits on them, they went swimming in their skivvies.

Chance laughed and laughed at this great new word that he has discovered. He has told everyone in the house about it. I have a feeling that all of the kids in school will hear about it tomorrow. I am sure that we will all be using that word more around our house since all of the kids think it is great. I have to admit, it is kind of fun finding ways to use skivvies in your conversations.
If only all words were as fun to learn and use as skivvies life would be so much more fun.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

I remember learning that way from my father when I was younger, much younger. I still find that word hysterical to this day. I'm so glad that chase is making leaps and bounds, even with skivvies! :)