Pages

Saturday, September 08, 2007

ChiChi came to our house..

We were eating dinner the other night when the doorbell rang. We had family over eating with us so Chance ran to get the door. He came back with a paper and handed it to me.

"Who was at the door?" I asked.

"ChiChi's mom." Chance responded sitting down to eat.

Chance's dad leaned over and whispered to me"Who is ChiChi?"

I replied that I did not know and was wondering that very thing myself.

"Who was at the door?" I asked Chance.

"ChiChi's mom." He calmly replied.

"You have someone in your neighborhood named ChiChi?" One of Chance's cousins asked.
Actually, we don't have anyone in our neighborhood named ChiChi. And unfortunately the paper was a very generic reminder that the whole neighborhood got about a clothing drive on Saturday so it yielded no clues as to who this ChiChi person's mom might be.

Since we had guests, and we did not want to embarrass Chance in front of his cousins, we did not pursue any further inquiry into who ChiChi is. I guess it will remain a mystery forever.
I do wonder though, whose name out there in our neighborhood sounds like ChiChi to Chance.

No comments: