Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Coat zippers make a ripping noise....

Chance told me tongiht that he wanted to show me something. He was telling me something about ripping and his coat. Not exactly words a mother likes to hear.
Fearing the worst, I pursued the conversation.
"Your coat ripped?" I asked.
"No. Chance said. "I want to show you something."

Chance ran to the door and put his coat on. Smiling, he pulled his zipper up to the very top, undid it a little and then quickly zipped it to the top again.
"See, it sounds like a rip!" He beamed at me.
It is so fun to see what Chance can hear now. It is fun to be a part of his world as he discovers things. We all should get so excited realizing that our coats make a ripping sound when we zip them up. A thrill all winter long.

No comments: