Pages

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Chance tells me about "other" people's mispronunctiations

Out of the blue today, Chance told me about the countdown we had on New Year's Eve. He started at 10, and then when he got to the number 5, he told me that it was funny that his sister and cousin say "fibe", instead of "five". It is true that his sister says fibe, instead of five, but it never occurred to me that Chance noticed! I wonder what other things he is picking up on now?
Chance does not pronunciate all of his words correctly, but he is apparently hearing more subtle differences in speech sounds. This is a great sign!

Chance also told me tonight that he wants to be a doctor. He is really intrigued with what doctors do. In fact, tonight we thought that Chance's sister may need stitches and ended up taking her to an UrgentCare center. Chance not only wanted to view the wound in detail, he was crying and saying," I want to see the doctor do the stitches!" as I took him away in the van and his sister went in the car with her dad.

Chance's sister ended up not needing stitches, her finger is just bandaged up really good. Chance had questions for his sister though when she got home about what the doctor did.

Chance has also said that he wants to play the guitar and sing: a rock-star doctor who runs marathons... It could happen...

No comments: