Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Catching Up on Elder Paxton in England

So this month has been a busy one for our family.  We did our annual camping trip where we really missed Chance, but we are all happy that he is where he is.

We'll have a great camping reunion two summers from now when Chance is home again. And then he can chop the wood for the fire as usual.

Chance has been seeing the sights of England and taking pictures.
Some pictures are better quality than others.


 Trees, clouds and green space.....this is the stuff of Chance's dreams
I think this picture speaks for itself.

Chance took LOTS of pictures of this particular spot so I think he really likes it. He is a nature lover in his core.


Here is a portion of what Chance had to say in is letter this past week:
It was very touching to read his thoughts about families.

Ever since I have been out on my mission, one of my main motivations and driving forces to do missionary work and desire to teach has been about the Family, particularly how I have been so blessed by my family and the wonderful blessing I have to be together with my family forever. It brings much comfort and peace to my soul to know that I will for sure see my family again after this life, as I strive to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and to be more like him. 

There is no family that is perfect, but we can all strive to do our part to make our families a little bit better. Do you find yourself being a little bit selfish to your siblings? Strive to be nicer and selfless. Do you find yourself possibly distancing yourself a little bit further away from your family? Evaluate if you have shared your testimony with your family recently and if you have spent some quality time with them. Have you noticed that perhaps you spend a little bit more time with friends then with family? Try to change that. Perhaps you don't listen to your parents as much as you should, they are there for your good, and they have been in your shoes before, they know a lot of what you are going through. Consider giving them a listen when they give you advice, and who knows, you may learn something new about your parents. There are many other different things small or big, that we could do to improve our family relationships. 

My family is not perfect, nor am I perfect, but I have a wonderful family and loving parents that care for and nurture each of their children, including myself. I have been blessed to be raised with the gospel and the wonderful knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I have been blessed with a loving family who support me in everything. 

Now I understand that there may be others that may not be as fortunate as myself in having a loving and supportive family, or may not have had a strong gospel centered home or childhood, but I would encourage you to look at those things and figure out what you can do now to improve those things. Whether it is for now or for the future. Remember that God is always with you and that he loves you very dearly and that you are his child regardless of your circumstances. He loves you more than you can comprehend.

I know this email was kinda long but I wanted to share those thoughts with you. 
I love you all so much and I hope that your weeks have been good and that you are enjoying life!

No comments: