Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The sounds of the ocean...or a torrential rain that threatens us all

The sounds of the ocean  and streams gurgling can be soothing and relaxing.  Which is why I was listening to various options to see which calming music I wanted to download onto my tablet.

Suddenly, I became aware that Chance, who was in a chair in the living room was swiveling his head looking over in the direction of the window and keenly checking outside, and then looking in the direction of the kitchen.

He was obviously looking around to find something, and soon he got up out of the chair with a look of urgency on his face.

"'WHERE IS THE WATER COMING FROM?"  Chance was a bit panicked now and was gearing up to help bail out the torrents of water that he was certain were going to flood our home.

I listened too, wondering if I should be concerned about a faucet that was left running or something.

Then I realized that the relaxing sound of rain coming out of the computer speaker and relaxing me, was working Chance into a panic, as he couldn't tell where the sound of running water was coming from.

When I told Chance that I had turned the sound of rain onto the computer, he came closer, listened for a minute, and then looked at me like I was crazy for putting on the sound of running water.

It was relaxing running water, rain falling, ocean waves and such.  Apparently, Chance and I have different ideas of what sounds are relaxing:)


No comments: