Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sing No More

Chance and I were in the car after I picked him up from school, when something he said reminded me of the movie, "Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang."  This movie was known as "Putta, Putta" in our family for a long time because that is what Chance called it when he was little.  He started asking me to watch, "Putta, Putta" one day and I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about.  I remember standing in the family room completely confused as Chance repeated over and over again, Putta! Putta!  Obviously Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Putta Putta sound almost exactly alike so I don't know why it took me so long to catch on to what he was saying:)

That movie was one of Chance's favorites when he was little, so I started to sing one of the songs from that show with the lyrics, "Truly Scrumptious, you're truly truly scrumptious...."  Kind of catchy isn't it?

There in the car, Chance looked at me with a weird expression as I serenaded him with a song from his favorite childhood show.

"Remember this song?"  I asked in between stanzas.

Then Chance smiled a crooked little smile and said, "Are you sure you are singing that song right?"

"Putta, Putta!"  I said giving him a hint.

Chance told me that he remembered the song(we had just watched the movie again, I am sure that helped).

"Are you sure you are singing that song right?"  Chance asked again.

I emphasized the words for Chance to make sure he heard the lyrics.

"No, I mean is your voice supposed to sound like that when you sing, all high and squeaky like that?"

I looked at Chance for a second and then reminded him that HE was the one that was hard of hearing and couldn't hear things quite right and if there was a problem with my singing it must be his issue not mine.

He laughed.  And I quit singing.

No comments: