Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chance's friend takes his implants

Chance has a friend at school who is in many of his classes (Chance is in 6th grade but they change classes every hour like a junior high).  Chance has been over to this boy's house to play at least twice after school.

Last week this boy apparently thought it would be funny to take Chance's implants during math and would not give them back for, "like 10 minutes" as Chance told me today.

The only reason I know about this happening is because Chance told his older brother, and then his older brother went with him to the principal's office to tell him what had happened.  The boy apparently got into "big" trouble, but I don't know exactly what that means.

I talked to Chance about the incident today and now I know this much:

His friend took his implants and put them in his pocket during math.

I asked Chance if he asked him to give the implants back.

Chance said, "A quzillion times". With that like "Ya, I did!" tone

I asked Chance how he got the implants back and Chance said,"I couldn't hear anything or anything so I don't know if the math teacher made him give them back or what."

Hmmmmmm. 

When Chance told his brother, the incident had occured a few days before but the boys went to the principal and the boy was apparently called in to see the principal. 

My boys don't know what the principal said, but the boy told Chance that he was going to be suspended for a few days this week.  The boy was at school today though, so I don't if what he told Chance is true. 

I asked Chance if the boy had taken his implants again.  Chance kind of laughed and said, "He's too afraid of the principal."  Then Chance did that sign where you point your fingers at your eyes and then point it at the other people eyes and said the principle told this boy,"I'm watching you."

Hmmmmmm.

I let Chance know that information like this is something that he should tell me about.

I am glad that Chance was willing to go into the principal to let someone know what happened even if it was about a friend.  He was not intimidated by that which is good.

I don't think the boy was just being mean, I think he just didn't understand how inappropriate it is to take the implants..  This kid wears glasses and I thought,'I wonder how he would feel if someone took his glasses off of his face and then wouldn't give them back for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Yanti said...

that was very brave of him to go to the principal.Boys will be boys but it's good that Chance has learned to stand up for himself.bravo!