Pages

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

It is a miracle

I was over at a neighbors house tonight and she said to me, "How great is Chance doing?! When he stood up to talk in the program, he talked so well! My husband and I turned to each other and just said, "Wow!'

I told her that it was great to hear since we think he sounds great, but it is nice to hear that other people think so as well.

"Don't you think he's doing great?" She asked

"Oh, yes." I assured her that we were very happy with Chance's speech.

"He doesn't even have a, a, a........." She stammered.

"A deaf accent?" I asked.

"Yeah. I didn't know what it was called. I mean, it would be o.k. if he had one, there is nothing wrong with that, but you can't even tell he is deaf when he talks."

I was of course delighted to hear what she thought about Chance's progress.

This is a neighbor who helped put together many a church program with me through the years. She has seen the progress Chance has made.

"It's a miracle." She said.

I must agree.

No comments: