Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chance heard the leaves in the trees!

On the day that we found out that Chance was deaf - as I was driving home from the hospital in a sort of daze - one thought hit me as I looked out the window, where the wind was blowing the leaves in some big trees and I was watching them sway back and forth.

"My son will never be able to hear the leaves blow in the wind," I thought to myself. I love that sound and it caused me to get teary eyed as I realized that Chance would never share that sound with me. Then I comforted myself with the thought that Chance would not know what he was missing as he would not remember having ever heard leaves blowing in the wind.

Well, yesterday as we left Chance's soccer practice, the wind was blowing the trees as we walked back to the car. And Chance said," I hear the wind blowing the trees!"

Some moments are hard to describe as they touch you so much. This was one such moment for me.

No comments: