Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Chance hears the baby crying.

It was one of those nights where you think the baby is sound asleep and so you begin to settle in for a little winding down.

Chance and I were sitting in the rocking chair when I thought I heard the baby whimper. I perked up my ears because it was a kind of muffled sound.

Chance who was laying across my lap asked,"Is that the baby?"

I was rather surprised that Chance had heard it too, since I wasn't posititive I had heard it.

Sure enough, a few seconds later, the baby cried out letting us know that he was not asleep and needed some attention.

Chance is hearing more and more everyday. Not only is he hearing more, but he is hearing better. He is discerning more sounds. It is exciting to go through this journey with Chance and witness the unfolding of Chance's ability to hear and communicate each day.

No comments: