Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Chance heard me through the door, a fan, and a distance..

As a mom, whenever you get on the phone or in the shower, suddenly one of your kids needs to ask you something right now.

Thus it was that I found myself just getting out of the shower yesterday when Chance knocked on the door. He wanted to know if he could see if Josh could play. I told Chance we needed to have lunch first.

Then Chance asked me if he could make lunch. I told him to wait a minute until I got out.

Chance cheerfully said ok and then I heard him bound off.

The fan was on in the bathroom, I was behind a cabinet and the bathroom door was closed. I realized that Chance may not have heard a thing I had said.

For all I knew, when I got out of the shower, Josh would be over at the house playing and the two boys would be attempting to make lunch by themselves.

When I got out though, Chance cheerfully ran up to me and said,"Can I eat now and play with Josh when I am done?"

He had heard me through the door, a cabinet and with the fan on! Granted, Chance probably had his ear right up to the door, but he still managed to hear through the noise of the fan, around a cabinet and through the closed door!

This is excellent!

No comments: