Pages

Monday, May 04, 2020

Chance Gets to Play Cowboy

The current pandemic has caused a lot of pain and suffering for many people worldwide
and I certainly don't mean to make light of that suffering.
I did have to chuckle a little bit though, when I saw Chance in his make shift mask
for going out......it is a bandana....just like the bandanas that
Chance used to wear when he played cowboy as a  little boy.
Chance also mentioned in his last email home, that his hair was growing a bit long
as he has not been out to get a haircut for quite a while now and the picture of him in his 
 bandana mask also shows that his hair is quite a bit longer than it used to be.

Chance is still spending all day in his flat, only going out when he and his mission 
companion need food once a week and for their daily walk. 
Chance had this to share in his email this week:

I wanted to share with y'all a thought that I had this past week from my Personal Study. I was studying a lot about faith, hope, and charity. More specifically Hope. While I was studying this I read Ether 12:4. It says: 

"4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

I loved this scripture because it mentions the word Anchor. Hope is an anchor. It helps us to continue forward. It helps us to be rooted in the gospel of Jesus Christ and trust that he has a plan, and that he knows the way, and that through him all things can be accomplished. Going along with that, Elder Holland's most recent General Conference address was amazing! And I loved that he shared that even though we have Hope's that may not come true in the near future, we can know that someday, somehow, in some way, we can have our Hope's and righteous desires. 

I hope you all had a fantastic Easter even though it was different. Keep being awesome and keep doing what you can to stay sane. Keep praying for this Coronavirus to be lifted so that we can return to a "normalized life". Don't know that will look like or when that'll be, but we can trust in God.

Chance and I have been talking about the rebirth that spring brings and about how the
earth is putting on a display of her visual delights and smells.
I asked Chance to take pictures of some of the blossoms he is seeing on his walks and he sent 
me this beauty:

I will have to send a picture in return of the tulips that are blossoming all
across our front yard.

No comments: