Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Chance Is Transferred To A New Town!


Chance has moved!
It is common on a mission to transfer every few months
and this past week, Chance transferred
to a city closer to the ocean.

Chance was really happy to see green fields full of animals again!

And he has some beautiful churches around his new home.

Chance had this to say in his email home this week:

Alright y'all! It's been a crazy week! Transfers were on Tuesday and we had to wake up early so we could get to our trains on time. My train came and I said goodbye to my old companion.

I met my new Companion in Norwich!

Y'all Norwich is so amazing! You walk like every 2 minutes and you see a church. There are so many churches here. It is incredible to see the history here in Norwich. The weather is tempered by the ocean so it isn't as crazy as it was in Nottingham sometimes.

Spititual thought:
16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.
17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me.
19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.
20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.
22 He hath confounded mine enemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.

I love this chapter because first of all it is what is called the Psalm of Nephi and also because this chapter really helps us to see that Nephi is a normal guy too. He isn't some guy who was always perfect. Here we can see that Nephi, even though he was a great man, was brought down in sorrow because he was falling short and also that even though he was feeling down, he was praising his God and recognized all that the Lord did for him. He felt of God's love and recognized all the Lord had done for him in delivering and protecting him from his enemies. Nephi felt these things, and it is okay that we do too, but keep going, keep trying. He felt these things and felt down, he felt short, and thought that he wasn't doing enough.  I don't know about y'all but I took great comfort in that because he is a great man and he felt these things, and so when I feel these things, I know that Nephi felt the same sometimes as well.

My dear friends, pray to God, seek his power to be strengthened against temptation and ask for the strength to continue improving. It only takes one itty bitty step everyday. Sometimes even two steps forward and one step backwards. Just keep trying, keep looking to God and praying to him, and I promise you that he will guide you, and he will help you, you will feel his hand in your life and his power.
I love you all so much! Keep trying!

No comments: