Pages

Sunday, May 05, 2019

Chance and His Critters


If you look really carefully, you can see that there is a spider camouflaged in this picture.
It is Chance's new buddy.


Chance found a new critter to enjoy in the MTC this week.
Yearning for critters seems to be a common thread in Chance's life at the MTC.
I am glad that he has the bounty of the earth to help supply him 
with critters to love.


I wonder what new critters he will find and bond to in England?
When I served a mission in The Netherlands, my 
critters of choice were the little quarter sized frogs. Just seeing one of those on the path
as I rode my bike across the countryside brought joy to my soul.
I wonder if Chance will find frogs in England?
Until he gets there and sees with his own eyes,
 I guess he'll settle for bonding with spiders at the MTC.



Here is an excerpt from Chance's weekly email home:

For clarification, this scripture he quotes comes from The Book of Mormon Another Testament of Jesus Christ, in the book of first Nephi chapter 17 verses 13-14.


1 Nephi 17:13-14
13 And will also be your light in the wilderness; and will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keemy commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised landand yshall know that it is by me that ye are led.
14 Yea, and the Lord said also that: After ye have arrived ithe promised land, ye shall know that I, the Lord, am God; and that I,the Lord, did deliver you from destruction; yea, that did bring you out of the land of Jerusalem.
When we are having our hard times in life, and are wondering why we are going through our trials, remember that the Lord is with you. And he is alongside you preparing the way for you to overcome your hard times. Through our trials, we will come to learn of God, and learn of his mercy. For it is through our hard times, that we are able to see the true mercies of God and how his hand influences our lives. I promise that as you look to our Lord and Savior, and recognize how much he can help you and seek that help, that he will help you and will be there always. 
I love you all! Thanks for all of y'alls support! I will talk to you next week! 

Love, 
Elder Paxton

No comments: