Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Chance Sees Signs of Life

Chance told us that we don't understand how much he misses
holding animals in the MTC when he saw pictures
of our new chicks.
He has always been a hands on animal lover.

That is why having a duck drop by for a visit at the MTC 
merited a mention from Chance.


Chance was delighted that a duck decided to visit the water feature and that 
he was around to see it.

In Chance' email home, he wrote about another life form he encountered this week:

 Here at the MTC it Is really hard to see bugs or birds other than ravens. So on Thursday, we decided that it was warm enough to go outside, and that's when a sister in my district saw the moth. Sister Thompson is terrified of bugs, and the moth was on the back of her chair. She would not come near that chair. So I picked up this moth and realized that it was not moving at all and was dead. So I lay it down in the grass. 
However, the moth looks like bark, so I decided I was gonna put it in with the bark that was around the tree right next to me. Well get this, I look over at it while we're in the middle of our lesson, and it's MOVING! I got soooooo excited! I was like no way and I picked it up and Sister Thompson of course,  got as far away from me as possible. Well I just let this moth play on me for the rest of the lesson. Well it was at this point that my companion was like, can you imagine if you could blow it out of your hands like Gandolf does in Lord of the Rings? So I did it, and the moth flew away and soared! As you can tell, I like bugs, and I was finally was able to hold a big here after 4 weeks! 

 My encounter with the moth made me think about how at times it may seem that we are spiritually dead, or don't have the ability to move. However, as we come to our Savior we can start moving again like the moth did among the bark. And just like how I was able to hold it and blow on it so it could fly and soar into the sky, the Savior does the same with us. He holds us in the cradle of his hands until we are ready, then he blows on us and we can fly and soar because of him.


It is good that Chance was able to get his animal/bug fix this week at the MTC.
Sometimes it is the little things that bring us the most joy. 



No comments: