Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Chance and Chinese

Chance is doing fabulous in his Chinese class.  His teacher says that he is very driven and she loves to see students who want to learn like he does.

I LOVE to hear these things! I am so excited for Chance and I am glad that he likes learning Chinese.  Chance actually greets me in Chinese now when he gets home from school.  I get to learn all sorts of things being his mother. I now know one Chinese word.

There all sorts of programs that let students go to a country where Chinese is spoken for a few weeks in the summer. The students get to stay with a host family or in dorms with other students and learn during the day.  I really wish we could send Chance on one of those trips.

I was reading a book about when Mao Zedong was the leader of China and I kept pronouncing Mao wrong.  I would get it and then when I talked about it again, I wouldn't say it just right.  This would drive Chance a little crazy.

Chance is really really really tall now. And skinny. I don't know if it will be possible to buy him pants anymore if he keeps growing.  We can get the tall.  We can get the skinny. But it is hard to get them together. He needs to wear men's pants for his height, but most men are not as skinny as a beanpole like Chance.  It is a good thing that spring and summer are around the corner so that he can start wearing shorts. Shorts are easier to manage on tall skinny boys than long pants are. Chance is about 6 feet tall now and he is only 14! It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Chance is buff too.  He has been training to try out for his school soccer team and the coach really works them.  He does lots of running: sprints and long distances, downhill push-ups and all sorts of other conditioning work.

Chance biking on a little family get away

No comments: