Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Chance talks about learning Chinese

Hello, this is Chance here.

My mom is having me explain what it is like to take Chinese for my language in school. I got into Chinese thinking, this is probably going to be a boring class because you have to learn how to pronounce the different tones and pronunciation but I have a couple of friends in there and it turns out that it is better than I thought it was going to be. It is actually a bit fun learning the new language, there are a few benefits of learning a language that many people aren't taking, one is you can talk in a different class and the teacher will have no idea what you are saying. 

Two is that you can have a private conversation with your friend and everyone else will have no idea what you are saying (girls...). Chinese can be a very hard language to take but it is better than you think it is going to be. It's awesome being able to pronounce and read words in a different language. 

This is Chance's mom here.  Chance came up to me yesterday and started telling me the different sounds that he has learned in his Chinese class so far.  He likes the class and has several friends in there that could prove to be good for study groups when they need to study for tests.  Chinese is not a subject that Chance's dad and I are going to be able to help him with.   Hopefully, having great friends in his class will not distract Chance from utilizing his listening skills to the highest degree:)

Chance and his brother

1 comment:

Nele said...

Hello Chance, 

Thank you so much for telling us how your Chinese class went so far! 

I am glad that learning Chinese is not going to be as hard as you thought and that you even have a little bit of fun acquiring the new language. This is really good to hear. 

Plus, having a secret language is awesome indeed! I had that similiar experience with sign language. My deaf friends and I always used to sign about boys while our hearing class mates haven't gotten a clue what we were talking about. :-)