Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chance listens with his heart

Chance's siblings were delighted to discover while reading a book about the body, that if they cut the end off of a cup and then put it up to someone's chest, they would be able to hear their heart beating.

They were all excitedly practicing on each other when Chance walked in the door.  They ran up to him ready to have him join in the fun.

They implored him with,"If you let me listen to yours, I'll let you listen to mine!"

Chance seemed pretty neutral about the whole thing which surprised me.  He usually enjoys these sorts of activities with his siblings .

Then he said,"OK, just a minute...You can hear my heart, but this stuff doesn't work good for me because my ears don't work like yours do."

It made so much sense once he said that, but it had not occurred to me that the experience would be any different for Chance.

Being the awesome brother that he is, Chance let his siblings listen to his heart even though it would not be the same for him to listen to theirs.

Thanks Chance for listening with your heart to your siblings and playing along with them when listening with your ears was not going to give you the same experience.


No comments: